Once Again it’s time to think about making New Year’s Resolutions. You might have some ideas of what you want to accomplish in 2017.
Here are 10 New Year’s Resolutions for you.
- Run a Marathon or a 5K if you are just starting: Make this the year you do your first run, be it a small fun run or a full marathon. A lot of these are fund raisers for Non Profit organizations so you will be helping your community too.
- Learn how to cook a signature dish: Find something to cook really, really well. this will help you figure out what to bring to pot lucks or just whipping up dinner.
- Change your toothbrush every three months: You can even buy four at the beginning of the year so you are all ready to go.
- Put money in your rainy day fund: A good rule is to try to put away 20 % of your monthly income.
- Eat more local fresh foods: Visit your neighborhood farmers market. They have fresh locally grown fruits and veggies. This supports your community, as well as helps you eat healthier.
- Pay it Forward: Make a point to be kind to strangers. Here are some examples: Buy the next person in line a coffee, help out an elderly neighbor, hold a door open for someone.
- Cut back on Alcohol: This is a good one for your overall health. This can also reduce your risk of oral cancer too!
- Take a trip: It does not have to be a big one. A weekend trip to a local spot is just as good.
- Cross something off your bucket list: Is this the year you go skydiving? Scuba diving?
We wish you a wonderful New Year. Hope your 2017 is Fantastic! From the staff of Westhill Dental.